Next-Generation Intelligent Infrastructure Solution
for Physical Layer Network Management
- Monitor Your Network...
- Manage Your Network...
- Protect Your Network...Wherever It Is
28% of downtime in data centres is due to change and human error. (2007 Symantec Survey)
49% of Fortune 1000 IT managers listed reducing cost as a top priority. (mValent 2008 Market Survey)
Every hour of downtime costs $100K. (mValent 2008 Market Survey)
MapIT G2 Highlights
MapIT G2 gives you complete visibility and control of your entire physical layer network - from your corporate data centre to a small branch office halfway around the world - and everything in between. Through the combination of powerful MapIT software and innovative smart connectivity, you can easily monitor every channel in real time, centrally managing even the most widespread network assets.
- Detailed Network Views
- Hierarchical views lay out your entire network, from rack and cabinet infrastructure views, to work area and floor layouts - all with complete circuit diagrams, including active equipment. This information can even be displayed locally on MapIT G2's LCD-equipped Control Panels and Smart Patch Panels.
- Database Accuracy
- All network information is stored in a MapIT IM and PLM software-driven database, which is automatically updated in real time as moves, adds and changes are made, ensuring that the network condition is known at all times.
- Maximizes Utilization of Networking Assets
- MapIT IM and PLM software's utilization reports let you see available switch or patch panel ports. End devices can be tracked by location, equipment type, manufacturer, service or other criteria, providing better visibility and utilization of these critical assets.
No matter its size, managing a network is about anticipating problems before they happen, solving them quickly if they do and ensuring that everything is done right. MapIT G2 provides a host of physical layer management capabilities to help organize your network for peak performance and tools to make sure it stays that way.
- Reduce Downtime
- MapIT G2 circuit trace capability quickly identifies the location of a fault in a channel - information can be displayed on MapIT panels to guide onsite staff, drastically reducing the time required to find and fix a network outage.
- Better Manage Remote Sites
- MapIT provides a real-time view of networks at remote offices, helping to ensure compliance with corporate IT policies and discouraging unauthorized changes to the network.
- Streamline Work Order Process
- Use MapIT IM and PLM software's integrated work order module to ensure that orders are completed properly. Also, work orders can include pictures of circuit traces, rack views and floor layouts, providing useful visual aids for technicians.
Your network may be protected from viruses, hacking and other outside threats, but what about your physical network assets? MapIT G2 helps maintain the security of your network by tracking any physical layer changes such as unauthorized removal of equipment or connection of unapproved devices - telling you exactly when and where a breach occured.
- Real-Time Alerts
- MapIT IM and PLM software can send e-mail alerts to IT or security staff in real time when unauthorized events occur on the network — such as detecting unauthorized devices attempting to connect to your LAN, enhancing endpoint security.
- Regulatory Compliance
- MapIT maintains an audit log of all network events, simplifying compliance with regulatory mandates, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ITIL, HIPPA, FDA 21 CFR Part II, etc.
- Improve Response Time
- MapIT IM and PLM software features a robust search engine. Help desk staff can use this feature to quickly locate any item on your network and view its attributes and connections.
MapIT G2 - Features and Applications
Smart panels and fibre enclosures feature a graphic LCD for patch cord tracing, diagnostics and technician guidance. The LCD can also display dynamic labeling information pulled directly from the MapIT software database.
The MCP collects data from all panels in the system and relays it to the MapIT software. This advanced device provides a large LCD screen and keypad to interface to the MapIT software - eliminating the need for technicians to access software or carry PDA devices.
MapIT G2 is built for reliability. All components have been through extensive durability testing and exceed a 20-year MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures). If that weren't enough, we also built in redundant power and Ethernet connections into the Master Control Panel. Finally, the entire system is modular and in the unlikely event that any component fails, it can be replaced or repaired without disrupting critical network connections and applications.
75% Lower Power Consumption
In addition to all the state-of-the-art features MapIT G2 has to offer, it uses much less power than competing systems. In fact, MapIT G2 uses up to 75% less power than other intelligent cable management systems. It also features time out settings, which can reduce power consumption even further.
MapIT G2 components are optimized to run cool in data centre applications. All components generate virtually no heat and do not require cooling fans. Additionally, the components are very low profile (1U) so they do not impede airflow in cabinets.
80% Higher Density
MapIT G2 innovative design dramatically reduces the amount of rack space required for intelligent infrastructure management components. Because the intelligence is built into the patch panels, MapIT G2 provides up to 80% better density than competing systems. For example, some systems require up to 60 rack mount spaces to manage 20,000 ports. MapIT G2 can manage the same number of ports with only 7U of rack space.
76% Reduction in Pathway Space Usage
The MapIT G2 system features an innovative system topology. Since intelligence is built into the smart patch panels and fibre enclosures, there's no need to run individual cable from a central analyzer or scanner to each panel. This reduces the amount of pathway space required to connect the intelligent system. For example, in even a medium size closet with about 2,000 managed ports, the cable required to connect MapIT G2 components requires 76% less pathway space versus competing systems.
+44(0)1932 571 771 (UK)
- MapIT G2 Brochure
- »Brochure (PDF)
- MapIT G2 Products
- MapIT G2 Copper Patch Cords
- MapIT G2 Master and Distribution Control Panels
- MapIT G2 Smart Copper Patch Panel
- MapIT G2 Smart Fiber Enclosures
- MapIT G2 TERA System
- MapIT G2 XGLO Jumpers