Category 7A TERA Outlets
- Product Resources
- Part Numbers
- Specification Sheet: Category 7A TERA Outlet
- Installation Instructions
- Installation Instructions 2
- Installation Instructions 3
- Installation Instructions 4
Invented in 1999, long before its time and subsequently chosen as an ISO/IEC 11801 Ed 2.0 interface for category 7/class F, the Siemon TERA is by far the highest performing twisted-pair copper connector in the world. When installed as part of a TERA solution, each pair delivers up to 1.2 GHz of bandwidth exceeding the bandwidth of category 7A/class FA specifications. This extra bandwidth is critical in demanding applications such as broadband video, with an upper frequency requirement of 862 MHz. Broadband video, high speed data and voice applications can be supported simultaneously using a single 4- pair fully shielded (S/FTP) cable. TERA outlets can be used in both the work area and in the telecommunications room.
- Fast and easy termination of category 7A/class FA fully shielded (S/FTP) cable
- Slim, compact design allows outlets to be side-stacked
- Shielded quadrant design fully isolates pairs for optimum performance up to 1.2 GHz per pair
- Fully shielded (S/FTP) cable and connector design eliminates alien crosstalk concerns
- TERA's ability to share one 4-pair cable and outlet to support multiple applications can save significant material and installation costs
- Outlets include a hinged door to prevent exposure to dust and other contaminates
- TERA outlets and plugs assure proper termination of cable shield no additional crimping or processes required for grounding cable
Part of the TERA cabling system.
- TERA patch cords are available in 1-, 2- and 4-pair options to support voice, video and data applications
* Featuring Siemon's patented crowned jack contact geometry that improves electrical and mechanical performance and ensures that any jack or plug contact damage due to arcing caused by unmating under PoE load occurs well away from the final mated contact position. »Learn more about PoE load
TERA Cable Sharing
Up to four simultaneous applications may be served with a single 4-pair, S/FTP cable and TERA outlet, saving significant materials, labor and space. (Voice, broadband video and high speed data shown).
- T7F-01-1 (Picture) TERA 4-pair outlet with black door, icon and boot
Because we continuously improve our products, Siemon reserves the right to change specifications and availability without prior notice