Siemon Technical Subject Matter Expert Panel
- Global Market Knowledge/Commercial Insight
- Keith Astin, Director of Global Business Development
Keith has over 35 years marketing, sales and general management experience in the electrical, electronics and communications industries. He has been elected a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and has a significant experience of the global market, having lived and worked in both Germany and Australia and has spent much of his working life travelling extensively in the USA.
- Joining Siemon in 2001 he took up the position of Managing Director EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) where he significantly expanded the operation improving both market position and market share. He held this position until July 2008 when he took on a new role as Director of Global Business Development. In this role, Keith is responsible for supporting the development of the company's business Globally and for the development and implementation of key Global initiatives.
- EMEA Sales and Distribution
- Rob Tansley, Regional Director UK, Nordics, Middle East & Africa
- Rob's experience and knowledge has been gained through over twenty years in the Electronic, Electrical and Data Networking industries managing sales and distribution in Europe. Previous roles included European Sales Manager for Molex Premise Networks and General Manager for Panduit UK.
- EMEA Marketing Strategy/Market Knowledge
- Steven Foster, Managing Director EMEA
Steven has worked in the IT & Telecoms market since 1996, starting out with AMP Tyco and moving to a large system integrator in the UK. He joined Siemon in 2005 as Marketing Manager EMEA to build on their growing success in the EMEA network cabling market.
- Since July 2008 he has held the position of Managing Director EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) for Siemon. In this role, Steven is responsible for further developing the company's business in the EMEA region as well as participating in the planning and implementation of global business strategies. Steven has a BA in Business Administration, holds the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma, a Masters degree in Marketing and has also been awarded an MBA from Henley Management College.
- Alberto Zucchinali, Siemon Technical and Training Manager
- Graduated in Electronics Engineering at the Politecnico of Milan.
- After some years in primary TLC International companies, he is presently the Technical Sales Support Manager EMEA Data Centres and IIM for Siemon, with 20 years experience in structured cabling.
- As an author, he presented a number of papers to national and international specialised conferences (Cabling Italy, NFOEC-USA, ECOC, Fotonica, BICSI) about Premises Cabling and Outside Plant Fiber Technologies.
- From 1992 to 1996 he was President of Italian Technical Sub-Committee 83B (Cabling for Customers Premises) and the Italian representative in ISO-IEC JTC 1 SC 25 WG3 international meetings.
- In 2005 he was awarded with the RCDD designation by BICSI, having demonstrated his knowledge in the design, implementation and integration of information transport systems and related infrastructure.
- Network Applications, Trends and Telecommunication Standards
- Carrie Higbie, RCDD/LAN, Global Network Applications Market Manager
- Ms. Higbie has been actively involved in all aspects of both the computing and networking industries for the past 20 years, as well as all 7 layers of the OSI model. Due to her extensive background in networking and development, she has functioned in such capacities as, consultant, project manager, and Fortune 500 executive. Ms. Higbie is an active participant of the IEEE, TIA and various other consortiums for standards acceptance and is a common contributor to and author of network application and standards articles
- Cabling Technology, Trends and Cabling-Specific Standards
- Valerie Maguire, Global Sales Engineer.
- Valerie Maguire, BSEE holds the position of Director of Standards & Technology at Siemon. Her expertise is focused on balanced twisted-pair and optical fiber telecommunications cabling and transmission theory. She is Vice Chair of the TIA TR-42 Telecommunications Cabling Systems Engineering Committee, Vice Chair of the TIA TR-42.7 Copper Cabling Subcommittee, TIA TR-42 appointed liaison to IEEE 802.3, Treasurer of the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group, Secretary of the IEEE 802.3 Maintenance Task Force, and clause 1 editor of IEEE Std 802.3-2012. In addition, Valerie has authored over 45 technical articles and engineering papers, holds one U.S. Patent, received the 2008 Harry J. Pfister Award for Excellence in Telecommunications, and was named one of CI&M's Top 20 Positive Contributors to the Cabling and Networking Industry.
- Market Knowledge/Commercial Insight
- Robert C. Carlson, Vice President, Global Marketing
- Starting his career at Siemon as an engineer in 1992, Mr. Carlson offers the unique perspective of past involvement in structured cabling from all facets of the industry. As Senior Engineer, he developed many new products and holds a number of patents. In the years hence, he has held leadership roles as Marketing Manager, National Sales Manager, and now as an officer of the company as the VP of Global Marketing, overseeing Product Marketing and Management, Engineering, Marketing Communications and Customer Support Services.
- Global Cabling Standards/Internal Operations
- John A. Siemon - Vice President, Global Operations
- Mr. Siemon has been actively involved in the development of connection systems since 1982. His responsibilities include manufacturing, quality assurance and engineering. His standards activities include past positions as Chairman of the TIA TR42.1 subcommittee responsible for commercial premises cabling (authors of TIA-568-B.1 and Building Automation Systems Cabling standard TIA-862); Chairman of the US advisory group on international cabling standards (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 25/WG 3; authors of ISO/IEC 11801); and Chairman for BICSI's Technical Information and Methods Committee. He is currently chairman of the US Advisory Group on Interconnection of Information Technology Equipment.