For Immediate Release
Siemon's ConvergeIT Cabling Solution Perfectly Aligns with Cisco's Digital Building Solution
April 3, 2017. Watertown, CT - Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, today reiterates its ongoing commitment and partnership within the Cisco Digital Building Solution ecosystem. In line with Siemon's ConvergeIT Cabling Solutions for intelligent buildings, which provides a unified physical infrastructure for converging low-voltage building systems, the Cisco Digital Building Solution aims to transform buildings to be smart, connected, easy to manage and highly secure.
Siemon was among the first to join Cisco's Digital Ceiling Solution early in 2016. By converging multiple building networks-lighting, heating and cooling, IP video, IoT sensors and much more-through a highly secure and intelligent network platform, the Cisco Digital Building Solution accelerates digital transformation. A key part of the Digital Building includes systems and devices that are powered by network switches using Power over Ethernet (PoE), including PoE-powered LED lights. Siemon's ConvergeIT Cabling Solutions for Intelligent Buildings combines Siemon's proven quality with advanced cabling technology, such as Siemon's copper shielded cables and connectivity that provide superior support of PoE-enabled systems.
In keeping with Siemon's ongoing commitment to Digital Buildings, Siemon is also pleased to announce an upcoming free webcast on "Design and Cost Considerations for Digital Buildings" being broadcast by Cabling Installation & Maintenance on April 6, 2017 at 1 p.m. EST. Presented by experts from Cisco's Digital Building Partners Siemon and Innovative Lighting, as well as Hepta Control Systems, this hour-long webcast will cover what truly makes an intelligent digital building and how it comes together with PoE LED lighting and a unified network infrastructure to drive new experiences and better business outcomes for maximum profitability.
The webcast will also discuss the latest trends, benefits and value proposition surrounding digital buildings, including best integration practices, PoE lighting advantages, and cost-effective zone cabling and coverage area planning. Presentations for this webcast include:
- Demystifying PoE Lighting and How it is Changing Everything, presented by Wendell Strong, PoE Lighting Solutions Manager, Innovative Lighting
- Systems Integration, Open Technologies and Building Analytics for a True Digital Building, presented by Jason Houck, Chief Information Officer, Hepta Control Systems
- Zone Cabling and Coverage Area Planning for PoE Lighting and the Digital Building, presented by Valerie Maguire, Global Sales Engineer, Siemon
To learn more about Siemon's participation within the Cisco Digital Building Solution and to register for the webcast, visit: www.siemon.com/digitalbuilding
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance low voltage infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning over 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suite of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With over 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry.
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Robert Carlson
- VP Global Marketing
- 101 Siemon Company Drive
- Watertown, CT 06795
- Phone : (1) 860 945-4262
- Fax : (1) 860 945-8503