The Construction Products Regulation (CPR) ensures reliable information on construction products in relation to their performance. This is achieved by providing a "common technical language", offering uniform assessment methods of the performance of construction products.
The European Union's (EU) Construction Product Directive (CPD) has developed into Constructive Products Regulation (CPR) fully applicable as law in all EU Member States from July 2013 onwards. The deadline to comply with this regulation is July 2017. Siemon plans to have all applicable products complying by this time.
These methods are compiled in harmonized technical specifications. This common technical language is to be applied by:
- The manufacturers when declaring the performance of their products.
- The authorities of Member States when specifying requirements for them.
- Their users (architects, engineers, constructors, etc...) when choosing the products most suitable for their intended use in construction works.
The appropriate harmonized standard applicable to Siemon is:
- EN 50575:2014 "Power, control and communication cables - Cables for general applications in construction works subject to reaction to fire requirements"
- The essential characteristics to be covered in this standard are reaction to fire, resistance to fire and release of dangerous substances
Setting safety levels remains a national responsibility:
CPR introduces obligatory Declaration of Performance and CE marking of cables for construction works with their fire performance.
Siemon has achieved compliance to these EU Class requirements. Specifically, Siemon is working towards compliance by:
- Determining what class of performance is applicable
- Preparation of the Declaration of Performance using the approved notified bodies.
- Making available the DoP in the prescribed form.
- Ensuring that product made available on the market is in accordance with the DoP.
- Applying the CE mark and accompanying information to applicable products on necessary packaging to signify Euroclass CPR compliance.
Specific compliancy requests related to this compliance requirement can be directed to any regional Siemon sales office. A list of DoPs are below listing all cable offered to EU.
For more information on Siemon communication cable subject to CPR, please read the blog post:
|Cable Product||Description||Declaration of Performance (DoP)|
|9C6L4-A5||U/UTP Cat6A LS0H, Solid copper||DoP_18-01_9C6L4-A5.pdf|